Monday, March 14, 2011

Taco Salad (8 WW+)

Tonight was set to be taco night.  We needed to use up the ground turkey I had in the fridge and tacos seemed like a good option for that.   Half way through the day I decided to change it up and make taco salad in tortilla bowls.  Yum who doesn't love tortilla bowls?

So, obviously, I was going for a lighter bowl.  In the past I've used flour tortillas, but when Greg and I make our own chips we always use corn so I figured I'd give it a shot with the corn knowing that making them into a bowl shape might be "interesting" because they're so much more rigid.

Trader Joes only had small corn tortillas so i went with that, I definitely cracked every single one while putting them in small glass bowls to bake in.  Oops.  It was ok though because they were still shaped like bowls and baked that way.    This was a fun change up for taco night and they look so damn cute what's not to love about them?



Taco Salad (8 WW+)


Ingredients
(these sizes are for 1 serving since there's not much of a recipe, more just what I put in my bowl)
2 small corn tortilla bowls
1/2 cup fat free refried beans
4 oz ground turkey taco meat
Lettuce
Salsa
1tbsp fat free cheese

Instructions

Place corn tortillas in bowls so they can bake in a bowl shape.   Put the bowls on a cookie tray and put in a 400 degree oven for umm crap I didn't time it, maybe 15 minutes.  Then take them out of the bowls and let them bake for about another 5ish minutes until the bottoms are fully baked.  Basically, you need to make sure they hold their shape before you take them out of the bowls and for the second part you just want to be sure they're fully baked and not still chewy.

Once the bowls are cooked toss everything into the bowls an eat

1 comment:

  1. I heart the little taco bowls. Just enough of the crunch to get your carb fix. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

We, hippos, love comments! Just play nice and we won't rip your head off with our razor sharp teeth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...