Thursday, March 10, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf (7 WW+)

When I went to the grocery store on Monday I stocked up on chicken and ground turkey.  Well, I needed to get on top of using some of that turkey and G has been yapping about meatloaf for a little while now.  I'm not necessarily the worlds largest fan of meat loaf.  I've had one too many "be careful the dryness might choke you to death" meatloafs in my lifetime.  So I went a hunting and found a recipe that looked quick and easy enough (I'm still not feeling 100% so tonight needed to be easy).

When I was finished mixing everything together I was somewhat skeptical, I mean it felt downright soggy, but guess what, it was actually pretty delicious.  I mean I could barely taste anything because of the stuffies, but it seemed good and G really liked it.   I also served it with a bit-o-potatoes.  There are two things I will do differently next time.
1) I will chop the onions smaller ... they kind of got in the way ... I just didn't care enough when chopping
2) I'll hold back a bit of the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar sauce for dipping.  It was yummy, but I wanted more of it.

Ya, it doesn't look appetizing, I love taking pictures, just not of food and I've been too lazy to take my super duper wide angle lens off my camera which just makes the food look wonky


Turkey Meatloaf - 7 Points Plus Values
Adapted from Weight Watchers


Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil   
  3/4 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped   
  1/4 cup(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped (I used red because G is a bad listener and things Red sounds like Green) 
2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced   
1/4 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp   
1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs   
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning   
1 tsp ketchup   
1/2 tsp table salt   
1/2 tsp black pepper   
  1 large egg(s), lightly beaten   
1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast   
1 spray(s) cooking spray   
1/2 cup(s) ketchup   
1 Tbsp unpacked light brown sugar   
1 tsp mustard  (I used 1tbsp mustard powder)

Instructions 

Heat oil on stove and add onions, pepper and garlic.  Cook for a few minutes until they get all delicious smelling.  Take them off the heat and let them cool for a minute or two

Combine the next bunch of ingredients, from cheese through eggs, into a bowl.  Then add in the onion mix and mix it all up.  Add in the turkey and mix until blended.

Put the turkey mix into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray and cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

Then combine the ketchup, sugar and mustard in a little dish.  Once the loaf is done pull it out, slather with this deliciousness and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.  

Eat it.  Yum.  A serving is 1/5th of the loaf 







No comments:

Post a Comment

We, hippos, love comments! Just play nice and we won't rip your head off with our razor sharp teeth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...