Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal (4 WW+ Points)

As you may or may not know, I am a terrible breakfast eater.  I haven't eaten breakfast on a regular basis since 6th grade ... I'm 28 now.  Long long time.  I blame my school for serving me lunch at 10:09 every day.  I managed to end up with the first lunch 6 years in a row.  For anyone that didn't graduate in 2001 that would not possible, but because of changes in the school I ended up in the one year where it was even possible.  I ended up "lucky" and was one of the few to manage to end up in the same lunch every year.  So ya, adjusting to eating breakfast has been hard, I've been grabbing a piece of fruit and considering it a win since something is better than nothing.  I'd also rather cut off my right arm than wake up 10 minutes earlier.

So, when I saw this baked peanut butter oatmeal I thought to myself, score!  I can bake this up and just grab and go.  Perfect!  This is stupid easy to make.  Throw everything in a bowl, mix it and bake.  It seriously doesn't get easier.  The original recipe recommended eating it in milk with some fruit.  G and I both agreed that the milk was no good.  It made it soggy central and just was not tasty.  We both tried a bite sans milk with some banana and agreed it was delicious.   It kind of tastes like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.  Yum!




Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Adapted from Tidy Mom

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup skim milk
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
cooking spray

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 x13 baking dish.  Mix all ingredients (minus the cooking spray obviously) in a bowl then spread out in the baking dish.  Bake 20-25 until the edges are golden brown.  Makes 15 servings.

1 comment:

We, hippos, love comments! Just play nice and we won't rip your head off with our razor sharp teeth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...